Things have been a little busy in my house lately – busy for me and my puppy, Franklin that is, since all the other members of my family have magically faded away. You see, Franklin has coprophagia. Sounds like a scary, deadly disease, right?
Not quite. In reality it is nasty and disgusting and absolutely gross!
My puppy eats poop. There I said it.
And then he vomits it. Double whammy!
I am cringing mentally and physically just writing about this, but apparently it’s not all that uncommon. I called the vet, I called the breeder and I called my Mommy. I went online and looked at many, many websites. The results?
- I am watching him like a hawk and stopping ANY bad behaviour I see.
- I am doctoring my dogs’ food with a powder called “For Bid”
- I am making sure he gets tons of exercise
- I am feeding him more puppy food so he won’t be quite so hungry.
- And I am doing a lot of cleaning.
Really! A lot! My hands are red and chapped from all the washing and scrubbing.
Good thing he’s so cute, but I’m still not letting him kiss me for a while – maybe ever.
Wish me luck PLEASE.