So last week my daughter, The Weird One and I flew east to visit my son, The Obnoxious One at university. We had a few delightful days together that were relatively free of drama, aside from the nightly demands, “Mom, be quiet NOW and go to sleep. I’m tired and I’m in bed.” No problem but give me more than five seconds to comply. Nope, the only real source of drama came from The Real Housewives of Vancouver which we all watched together. Yes, it was totally crazy AND totally addictive, especially since it takes place where we live, and we actually know two of the Housewives. What can I say but RHOV is my new guilty pleasure.
Check out the drama!
In the meantime I have been totally remiss in not thanking and acknowledging the lovely ladies who tagged me, Tales of the Mother Land and She Can’t Be Serious. These ladies always have a smart word or ten to pass along and make me think, giggle or LOL. Here are the rules:
- Post the rules
- Answer the questions, the tagger posts for you.
- Create eleven new questions for the bloggers you tag.
- Tag 10 new people with a link to your post
- Give them a heads up that you tagged them.
- If you could spend a day with one famous person (living or dead) in history, who would it be and why? Roald Dahl – although I have read he wasn’t a very nice person, I love his books and would love to pick his brain.
- Ocean or mountains and why? Oceans or lake – I NEED to live near the water.
- If you could pick any career, and be successful, what would it be? Ha, that’s easy – a children’s writer!
- What brought you to writing? I love, love, LOVE to read, everything and anything so I enjoy sharing my words with others. And am
arrogant, confident, silly enough to do try.
- Healthy eater or junk food? Healthy food to balance my coffee and wine intake.
- What’s the most romantic thing anyone’s ever done for you, and who was it? I’d have to say it’s the little things my husband does for me, like bring me flowers for no reason or things from his travels like perfume or lotion. And of course, latte in bed on the weekends.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? This is actually hard, because now that I have joined the half century club, one of the rules is that you finally have to accept everything about yourself – the good, bad and ugly. (Really – it says so in the handbook !) But if I had a fairy godmother, I would point out to her that my face is very long and narrow, and a more oval shape would be much appreciated. 🙂
- Drama or Comedy? Why? Drama – although I enjoy comedy very much, it is tough to do well and often comes off cheesy, unless you’re John Cleese.
- Are you a dog person or cat person? Explain. No question – dogs. I do NOT like cats and am allergic to them.
- Most exciting place you ever traveled to, and why it was so exciting. Turkey this past summer – our last family trip before my son started university and where we celebrated my birthday. We walked through the streets and toured the sites of Istanbul; we all went hot air ballooning in Cappadocia at 5am (despite many grumblings from the Obnoxious One) and slept in a cave hotel; and we went swimming and boating in the Aegean Sea near Bodrum.
- Which question was the hardest to answer and why? #7 as I explained above.
AND THE NEXT SET:
- What is the last thing that made you laugh out loud? the groaning and moaning of my puppy informing that it’s walk time – NOW.
- Which sitcom family, new or old, most resembles YOUR family? Modern Family for sure – although my husband, the Obnoxious One, is more like…hmmm…perhaps Hogan from Hogan’s Heroes
- Do you like your first name? You don’t have to tell what it is–just WHY you like or don’t like it. And if you don’t like it, what do you wish you had been named? It’s fine, although I always liked the name Vanessa and we didn’t even name my daughter that
- What’s the last stupid thing you did? Scratched/bashed my car and “forgot” to tell my husband.
- You can have only one of these: Looks, Fame, or Fortune. Which do you choose and why? I would say fortune – one can always make the most of their looks (think Susan Boyle) fame is overrated and so not me (you won’t catch me on a reality show), so…
- Name a musical artist that you like, but might cause people to make fun of you if they know that you like them. Kenny Loggins – I listened to “House at Pooh Corner” nonstop during my pregnancies and when my kids were little, and it still has a cozy spot in my heart, and the violins in my head.
- What is something you do that drives your significant other crazy? If you have no significant other, substitute a parent or friend. Not placing dirty dishes immediately into the dishwasher – he “thinks” he’s a neat freak, but sadly his affliction only encompasses dishes and not mail, magazines, newspapers, socks, slippers or …
- Name a celebrity that you just wish would go away. Jennifer Aniston – enough already, and oh yeah, and Jessica Simpson please too!
- What adjective would people who know you most likely use to describe you? Just one word. bossy – guess who said that ?!
- What’s your favorite smell? coffee – the smell of roasting, grinding, percolating and steaming in my cup
- Make up your question – What’s your favourite form of procrastination? – surfing and drooling on shopping sites like Dealuxe, HauteLook,BeyondThe Rack and Bluefly.
So here are a few noteworthy sites. Hey, don’t take my word for it – check them out!
Operation Awesome – in particular the video in the April 11, 2012 post
and Memoirs of a Suburban Housewife, the newbie blog of my awesome sister.
Now, your mission should you choose to accept it is to answer the following:
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What was your favourite book as a kid and why?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently and why?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve and why?
- If you could travel to one place in the world and money was no object, where would you go
- If you won the lottery tomorrow what changes would you make to your life?
- Do you prefer rain or snow in winter and why?
- Name something that your child/spouse/significant other does that you absolutely love as well as something that you absolutely hate.
- If you could choose any career and be successful at it what would it be? (okay I snitched this from Talesfromthemotherland – sue me)
- In high school were you the geeky kid, cool kid or sport fanatic? What about now?
- Make up your own questions and answer it.
Happy blogging one and all.